We develop eye wrinkles usually due to excessive sun exposure and also aging. Of course none of us want to have eye wrinkles because it makes us look very old. This is why we spend thousands of dollars each year for products and treatments that will help reduce the formation of wrinkles around our eyes. If you want to make your own natural eye cream for your wrinkles, we have come up with a recipe that you can make at home.
Ways in Making Natural Eye Cream for Wrinkles
Things you will need:
- Jojoba oil – 3 tsp
- Apricot-kernel oil – 3 tsp
- Beeswax – 1 tsp
- Rose water 5 tsp
- Carrot-seed essential oil – 5 drops
- Borax – ¼ tsp
1. Get a small saucepan and place your jojoba oil, apricot-kernel and beeswax in it. Heat the mixture on very low heat. Be careful not to simmer. This is just to heat the mixture a little bit.
2. When heated, remove the saucepan from fire and mix it together for the oils to fully blend.
3. Get a separate small saucepan and pour in the rose water. While it is heating, add in the borax and stir until it is dissolved. When dissolved, remove the saucepan from heat.
4. Place the oil mixture into ice water bath and whisk it rapidly. Drizzle the water mixture into the oil mixture and wait for the cream to set steadily.
5. When the cream is cool, you can then mix in the carrot-seed oil.
6. Find a jar where you can store the cream. This homemade eye cream for wrinkles can be used for one month, just make sure to keep it inside the fridge.
It is best to use a q-tip when applying the eye cream so that bacteria can be avoided from entering into the cream, as it may cause infections. In case you are wearing contact lenses, it is best to take them off before applying the cream and put them on after 10 to 15 minutes of applying. The cream may cause the lenses to fog up.
This natural eye cream for your wrinkles is very good in tightening and firming the skin surrounding the eyes. Because it is made from natural ingredients, it won’t be too harsh for your skin. Also, it does not contain too much chemicals which we usually find in common eye creams.
The jojoba oil and carrot-seed essential oils are good for nourishing the skin and providing vitamin A which is great for healing wrinkled skin surrounding the eyes. If you ran out of the natural eye cream, you can always make again by repeating the process and storing it in the refrigerator.